Translator

23 dezembro 2015

SDT & Hatch Cover Inspection Training Course – Santiago, Chile, Nov 2015 !!!

Hello readers,

From this moment on, the Marine Surveyor Chronicles will debut a new format. It will be written in English!

Maybe, the first thought that comes in your mind now is … why?





I could list here many reasons for it, but the main motivation is linked with my work routine. Almost all jobs that I carry out require speaking, reading and writing in English.

Recently, I had a new and very important motivation to implement this new format to by my blog. I had been during two weeks in Chile attending two different courses, part of the Continuous Development Program of my company.

During this period, I stayed immersed on an international atmosphere, “felling” English 24 hours per day. My work mate Rhuan Santiago gave me an important incentive to start with this new format for the blog.

The first course was given during three days, concerning Hatch Cover Inspections & Ultrasonic Test. The second one had as main content Condition Surveys for P&I Clubs. Both courses had as lecturer one of the most known authorities when the subject is Hatch Cover and P&I inspections, Mr. Walter Vervloesem.

Thanks to my teachers, Marcio and Mauro Cavina and a few years practicing in my job I and my friend Rhuan Santiago could participate of the course having some knowledge about the subject. That helped us a lot in learning.

The person who gave the course was the creator of the ultrasound device and a living legend in an inspection of the hatch covers. Mr. Walter Vervloesem.

Would require many pages to describe the profile of Walter, therefore, follows the LinkedIn it. Just so you having an idea, he published three books, the hatch covers inspection we use at Brazil Marine like as a bible.


This course lasted for three days, the first day was the theoretical part about the device and how do the ultrasound test, the second day was to teach about the visual inspection of hatch covers and the last day was the testing and handling of the device.

We learned a lot with this course.

Was really very good


Now I am certified by the SDT as ultrasound Device Operator




















Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário